Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spring!




I don’t know about all of you, but I’m ready for a little sunshine on my face.  This is the rainy season here in the Pacific Northwest.  Though I am located East of the Cascades in what is known as high desert, we still gets lots of rain in the spring.  We get a teaser of nice weather around New Years and then the sun disappears for 2-3 months, except for a few sucker holes that tease us with a little blue sky, reminding us why we chose to live here.  Every year about this time I start making sand paintings of the sun and doing little dances calling on the sun gods to at least let us have just a little of the sunshine.  But to no avail.  

So I am putting up this little reminder that the buds on the lilac bushes will soon turn into leaves and flowers and we will be enjoying the fruits of all that moisture.  Then we can begin to curse the heat and having to mow the grass.  Till then I’ll keep dancing, painting and praying for a little sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment